Friday, September 5, 2008

Flower Cake



So I decided to make a cake to take to a church "Meet and Greet". I just had issue after issue with this cake. I designed the cake and thought that it would be easy to make. Oh my! That was not the case. Luckily, I stayed calm (if you know me at all, you will know that I'm not really a calm person) and just re-planned the cake (twice). But it turned out great! All of a sudden I just had a simple, little one-tier flower cake (it was supposed to be a stacked two-tier cake). The bottom tier was supposed to have stripes and the top tier was supposed to be the flower part.

Oh yes...and it was supposed to be pink, black, and white. Looks like the only color that stayed the same was the white. =o) The black turned out gray and the pink magically turned yellow. Seriously, I've decided in the future that I will be buying pre-colored fondant called "Satin Ice" or "Choco-Pan". And at some point, I'm going to make Marshmellow Fondant (otherwise known as MMF). So.. as always lots of cakes to make and decorate!!

No comments: